Graeme Whittle has been drawing and painting for over 30 years. He is an accomplished artist working in a variety of mediums including watercolour, acrylics, photography and collage.
Graeme is a Tasmanian and lives near Launceston where he works and teaches independently.
Recent exhibition history:
- September 2020 – Solo Exhibition – Madeline Gordon Gallery Launceston
- April 2019 – Solo Exhibition – Madeline Gordon Gallery Launceston
- September 2016 – Solo Exhibition – s.p.a.c.e. Gallery Launceston
- October 2015 – Solo Exhibition – The Green Centre Launceston
- August 2014 – Solo Exhibition – Artist’s Gallery Launceston
- December 2013 – Studio show, Launceston
- September 2012 – Solo Exhibition, Independent Art Space Launceston
- July 2012 – Participated in group exhibition, Norbertellen Gallery, Los Angeles.
- December 2011 – Solo Exhibition, Mercure Hotel, Launceston
- October 2011 – Participated in group exhibition, Norbertellen Gallery, Los Angeles.
- March 2010 – Solo exhibition, Rex Heathcotes, Launceston
Achievements and Awards:
- December 2020 – Finalist in the Heysen Prize for Landscape Painting
- June 2019 – Finalist in the Bay of Fires Art Prize
- March 2017 – Finalist in the John Glover Prize for landscape painting
- September 2016 – Awarded best watercolour painting, Tasmanian Art Awards, Eskleigh
- September 2015 – People’s Choice Award, Tasmanian Art Awards, Eskleigh
- March 2015 – Children’s choice award, John Glover Prize for landscape painting
- Feburary 2015 – Finalist in the John Glover Prize for landscape painting
- July 2014 – People’s Choice Award. Bay of Fires Art Prize
- April 2012 – Winner of the Tasmanian Art Award Eskleigh
- March 2011 – Finalist in the John Glover Prize for landscape painting
- April 2009 – Awarded best watercolour painting, Tasmanian Art Awards, Eskleigh
- March 2009 – Finalist in the John Glover Prize for landscape painting
- August 2008 – Highly Commended in the Winsor and Newton Splash of Pink watercolour competition
- April 2008 – Highly Commended at the Camberwell Rotary Art Show
- March 2007 – Finalist in the John Glover Prize for landscape painting
- September 2004 – Awarded 1st prize for best overall painting, Max Fry Art Show Launceston
Training and qualifications:
- November 2010 – 1 week workshop in Fiji with Wendy Sharpe
- 1978-81 – Diploma of Fine Art, Tasmanian College of Advanced Education.
- March 1976 – 2 week intensive with Clifton Pugh, Campbelltown Tasmania
- 2010 Watercolour “Peeling into the Past”, acquired by the Burnie Regional Art Gallery.
- 1990 Work acquired by Telstra and News Limited collections.
More works by this artist
Schedule an Appointment
If you’re interested in an artwork and would like to view it before purchasing, you can visit the gallery during business hours or contact us to schedule an appointment. During an appointment, you can choose to come into the gallery to view the artwork in-person, or it can be done through Zoom to view the artwork virtually. Please get in touch if you’d like to schedule one of these appointment options.